Thursday, February 25, 2016

You're Invited: March 2016 First Friday Artwalk

We're excited!  Opening this First Friday:


New Work by

Renee Jameson and Jen Till



March 4 –27, 2016

Opening Reception:
First Friday, March 4th, 6-8 pm

Above, Top Left:
White Clouds.  Monotype.  Renee Jameson

Above, Side Right:
Morning Meadow.  Oil on canvas.  Jen Till


About the Artists:

Renee Jameson:  Renee Jameson was born in Western Washington and received her BFA from Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle. She is a monotype artist living and working on Bainbridge Island. Currently she is the printmaker liaison for the Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN) setting up the print studio for the BARN. She has work represented in private collections in Santa Barbara, La Jolla and Bainbridge Island.

“I walk daily along the shoreline on Bainbridge Island and am inspired by the constantly changing sky. One of the most exciting things I observe is how rapidly the cloud formations change into new and dramatic shapes within seconds. I have my camera with me at all times on my walks. Some days I see very little that interests me and other days the sky is extraordinary. I try to create a world viewers can interpret and respond to in their own way. In this way I consider myself an abstract artist. My objective is to create a mood and atmosphere that will evoke an emotion in the viewer and possibly a memory from the past”.

Jen Till:  Jen spent her childhood years in a seaside village, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts, along the New England coast. Surrounded by the seasons during her formative years led Jen to look to nature as the basis of all her work as a painter today.

Her love of painting began at a young age. Jen's childhood experience in her New England surroundings was filled with the richness of colorful, sweeping fall, quiet, bleak winter, spring's lush bloom, and summer with its green warmth. Inspired by her many creative family members, she was fortunate to be entirely embraced in her budding love of art throughout childhood. Jen went on to the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied Painting and Textiles. After graduating, Jen moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico where she began to explore painting the vast landscape and light of the Southwest.

Eventually making her way to the West Coast, Jen now lives, paints, teaches and works as a freelance textile designer on Bainbridge Island, Washington.

"I am inspired by the many ways light casts itself on our earth. Moments in my life when I behold such beauty inspires me to create its memory in my work. Nature provides me with a foundation upon which I can build paintings to express a wide range of feeling.

"The process I use is meditation with my brush in hand. This enables my creative energy to flow, uninterrupted and fueled by intuition. By creating layers with glazes I try to explore the inherent aspects of paint itself while keeping my mind focused on a feeling and place.

"My painting experience grounds me and reminds me to be aware of the presence of spirit in all of life's moments. I search for this essence and mystery as I dwell on a place filled with light. My hope is to engage the viewer and to share the mystery and calm I so cherish. My work reminds me that by painting the experience of the material world around me I can move toward the intangible, ethereal mystery of life."


Event Location: 

The Island Gallery, 400 Winslow Way E., #120, Bainbridge Island, Washington.

Underground parking is available at The Winslow off Ericksen Avenue.

Stop in for a glass of wine, a chat with friends, and a first look at the finest art around, ready to enhance your home and your lifestyle.
 

No comments: